5 Steps for Making an Advent Wreath
– Step 1: Form the base
– Step 2: Prepare the salt dough
– Step 3: Cover the wreath
– Step 4: Decorate the wreath
– Step 5: Bake the wreath and comb it
Advent wreaths have become a must-have item and add the finishing touch to your Christmas decorations. All fantasies and materials are allowed, so why not use salt dough this year?
Here is a step-by-step guide to making an advent wreath.
Note: in salt dough, the advent wreath will prefer to stay indoors, placed on a table or the fireplace. Putting it on the front door is not recommended, as the humidity outside will eventually soften it.
1. Form the base
– Crumple up some aluminum foil.
– Shape it into a crown.
2. Prepare the salt dough
– Mix 1 glass of fine salt and 2 glasses of flour in a bowl.
– Gradually add 1 glass of water.
– Work the mixture by hand until a smooth dough sticks to your fingers.
– Roll out with a rolling pin until the dough is about 1 cm thick.
3. Cover the wreath
– Cut out strips of salt dough.
– Cover the entire ring with these strips of salt dough.
– Take the baking sheet out of the oven and cover it with aluminum foil.
– Place the wreath on top.
4. Decorate the wreath
– Form small balls of dough of different sizes.
– Form as many different shapes as possible, using your choice of knife blade, spoon curve, or fork tip, such as:
◦ ribbed leaves; holly leaves;
◦ fruits, pine cones;
◦ ribbons, hearts, stars;
◦ candle holders (dig a ball by sticking a candle in it, enlarge the hole slightly, as the dough shrinks a bit when baking).
– No limit to your creativity; try to pick one theme and stick to it, and your work will be all the more successful.
– Arrange your objects all around the wreath.
– Glue them together or on the wreath with a bit of water if necessary.
– Feel free to overlap or intertwine them.
– Consider using spices as decorations (cloves, star anise, coffee beans) to highlight the outline of a flower or fruit, the eyes of an elf, or the heart of a star…
5. Bake the wreath and comb it
– Bake in your oven.
– Bake for about 2 hours at 150°C.
– Wait for the wreath to cool completely.
– If you wish, paint with acrylic or gold for a better effect.
– Use different-sized brushes for a better effect.
Materials to make an advent wreath
- Hobbies | Growing Mushrooms;
- 7 Good Reasons to Start Doing Crafts;
- How to Make Your Curtains;
- How to Make a Candle Holder;
- How to Sprout Potatoes;
- 7 Steps to Make a Sweet Table;
- How to Make Your Christmas Candles?
- 5 Steps to Make Candles;
- How to Make a Hanging Candle Jar;
- How to Make Christmas Ornaments;
- How to Make Salt Dough;
- Mistakes to Avoid When Writing Song Lyrics;
- Healthy Recipes From Gordon Ramsay You’ll Look Forward to Eating;
- 5 Reasons Dancing Is Good for Your Health;
- Why Is Handmade Pottery So Successful?
- Are books becoming obsolete?
- How to Sprout Potatoes;
- Why Cooking Is The Perfect Hobby?
- Top 3 Advantages of Taking up Knitting as a Hobby.