How to Make a Candle Holder
– Step 1: Gather your materials to make your candle holder
– Step 2: Drill the bottom of the cylindrical base of your candle holder
– Step 3: Dig out the location of the candle in your candle holder
– Step 4: Assemble the 2 parts of your candle holder
– Step 5: Decorate your candle holder
– Additional ideas for making your candle holder
Making a candle holder from diverted materials is quick and easy. Using two wooden furniture legs screwed together, you can create a beautiful candle holder with natural material. You can then customize it to match your home decor perfectly.
This post explains how to make a candle holder.
1. Gather your materials to make your candle holder
Here is the list of materials you need to make this candleholder:
– 1 round-shaped furniture stand, 92 cm in diameter and 5 cm high (about $6);
– 1 cylindrical furniture stand, 68 cm in diameter and 10 cm high (about $6);
Good to know: you can use different shapes and heights of feet; the important thing is to ensure the balance of the candlestick.
– wood paint;
– masking tape.
2. Drill a hole in the bottom of the cylindrical base of your candle holder
To screw the cylindrical base onto the round base, you must drill a hole on the underside if it is not already done.
Good to know: some models of furniture legs are drilled on the bottom to assemble 2 furniture legs.
– Turn the cylindrical leg over and locate the center using the following method:
◦ Draw 2 parallel lines of equal length on the leg.
◦ Then draw 2 diagonals from the ends of the 2 lines.
◦ The center of the foot is at the intersection of the 2 diagonals.
Tip: If possible, place the foot in a vice for added stability while drilling.
– Insert a wood bit into the drill, position it over the center of the foot and drill the hole.
Important: Use a wood drill bit with a diameter that fits the screw on the round base.
3. Drill a hole for the candle in your candle holder
– Unscrew the screw on top of the round base with pliers.
– Insert a flat wood bit into your drill.
– Mark the drilling depth on the drill bit, which should be 1 or 1.5 times the diameter of the drill bit.
Note: the diameter of the drill bit should be equal to or larger than the diameter of the candles used.
– Position it on the center of the foot (screw location) and drill the foot using high speed.
– Sand the edges of the hole with fine sandpaper.
4. Assemble the 2 parts of your candle holder
Screw the 2 legs together, inserting the screw of the round leg into the hole drilled in the cylindrical shank.
Important: Check the candlestick’s balance; it must be perfectly stable. If not, shorten the cylindrical foot by sawing it, then re-drill a screw hole using the same method as in step 2.
5. Decorate your candle holder
– You can paint the entire candleholder using wood paint.
– You can also decorate it by creating geometric shapes with masking tape.
When the paint is dry, you can place the candle on its spot.
Tip: If the candle you are using is not stable, you can stick a thumbtack or a thin, flat-headed nail in the bottom of the candle holder and stick the candle on it.
Additional ideas for making your candle holder
Here are some other ideas for making your candle holder:
– Using copper tubes cut to different heights, tied together with copper wire.
– Using pretty old glass decanters with a metal washer to hold the candles.
– With antique glasses found at flea markets.
– With a piece of driftwood, pierced in several places to hold tealights.
Materials needed to make a candle holder.
Ruler 60 cm