During family meals, you often have little time to cook. It’s also not easy to find meal ideas every day. Fortunately, there are still some homemade dishes that are easy to make and very economical. Here are some of the best and cheapest dishes to cook for a family meal. Everyone will love it!
Stuffed cabbage is a traditional recipe that is sure to please. Even if it is not necessarily the fastest to make, it is simple and economical. It’s a delicious dish that the whole family enjoys. To make it:
- Plunge your cabbage (green or white) into a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes. While it is draining, peel your onions and carrots (2 at most);
- Mix the minced meat (200 g) with the bread crumbs, the eggs, and the chopped onion in a bowl;
- Then take the cabbage leaves one by one, fill them with the stuffing and tie up the cabbage balls;
- Put your stuffed cabbage leaves, 2 glasses of broth, the onion, and the carrots in a large saucepan;
- Finally, add salt and pepper and cook for 1 hour over moderate heat.
- Your stuffed cabbage dish is ready! It is also excellent when reheated and can be served with rice.
An omelet is a simple, quick, fast, and cheap dish. It should indeed find its place in your typical menu for a family meal. To make this dish, you need eggs. You can add whatever you want, such as ham, peppers, cheese, herbs or potatoes.
With this easy-to-make dish, you eat good and balanced food. Moreover, you have a little time to relax in the evening, because you save time in the kitchen. In addition to the eggs, you also need ½ red bell pepper, 1 thick slice of white ham, ½ onion, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to make a good omelet. When it’s golden brown during preparation, it’s ready, and everyone can enjoy it. You can also serve it with a small green salad.
Pasta With Chorizo and Pistou
Pasta is naturally one of the most economical recipes for a family meal. Pasta with chorizo is a cheaper dish and a recipe that you can make without an oven. You only need 10 minutes to prepare your dish, and the whole family will enjoy it. In addition to the pasta of your choice and chorizo, you also need tomatoes of your taste, garlic clove, parsley, 50 g of grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
If you want to surprise your family more, prepare pasta with a homemade pistou sauce. In 5 minutes, your dish is ready for a family meal. Moreover, this one is more original, economical, and easy to make. At home, everyone loves it and wants more.
Leek quiche is the ultimate family dish. It’s also an economical meal idea for the whole family and easy to prepare. To make this dish, you need 1 shortcrust pastry, 500 g of leeks, 3 eggs, 100 g of bacon according to your taste, liquid cream (20 cl), salt, pepper, and nutmeg. You can also vary the pleasures by making a quiche with zucchinis, onions, and goat cheese. They are delicious and very economical.
These are the best ideas for cooking cheap dishes to make the whole family enjoy.